New Classic look Tailfeather Mics
Posted Tuesday, August 31st, 2010
The Tailfeather microphone company have created the TF40 model to complement the existing Tornado and Torpedo range of unusual and specialist microphones.
The TF40 is a stunning microphone that has been designed to create maximum impact by accurately recreating the design of the Astatic WR40 from the 40`s and 50`s.
The Astatic WR-40 is a rare broadcast mic that all the blues greats and rockin’ rollers like Gene Vincent, Bo Diddley, Eddie Cochran, Carl Perkins, Little Richard, and the king Elvis used to use. The TF40 offers a real and fresh alternative to the Shure SH55 which has long been the industry standard microphone used by performers wishing to project a classic look.
• Classic design, professional quality.
• High quality Zinc die cast housing.
• High output dynamic cartridge for big powerful sound.
• Cardioid pickup pattern to reduce feedback during live applications.
• Transparent tailored audio with presence peak for distinctive sounding vocals.
• Pop free locking on-off switch.
• Applications: professional stage performances musical instruments recording
The TF40 classic dynamic mic has great performance characteristics and a look straight out of the ‘40s and ‘50s. It adopts high quality moving coil dynamic, high sensitivity, wide range frequency and perfect polar pattern.
Designed for vocals, it has transparent sound and a presence peak that enhances voice reproduction. It is available now at a recommended retail price of £184.99.